Thursday, March 22, 2012

Erica Price


Age|19
Occupation|Chef, Student, Full-time Lover

This is my story...
It's simple, really. I'm your average country girl trapped in the city. Well...was. Born and raised in California (minus a few years in Oklahoma), spent her whole life up to now dreaming of what she wanted to do with her life, where she wanted to live, and most importantly, searching for that one man that she would spend the rest of her life with. At the age of 18, and after getting out of a bad relationship and needing a fresh start, she moved to Arizona. Yeah, that's me.


Elementary School
In elementary school I discovered my love for music. I joined my first choir in 4th grade with my brother. I was your average straight-A student that loved to play with Legos and cars with her older brother. I don't remember much about school life except for the fact that we moved....A LOT. I never had a lot of friends, which makes sense as to the kind of person I am today.

Can you find me?


Jr. High School
Oh this period of my life. I like to refer to these two years as "The Dark Ages." For good reason though! I learned a lot about myself during this time. I learned that the goth look was NOT for me. Being socially awkward by this point in my life as I was, I did not enjoy the teasing that came along with the look. So by the end of my time in Jr. High School, I ended up pretty normal. My choir "career" took off in Jr. High! I became better at one of my passions, and also picked up another along the way: guitar. I felt like this was the one place I could escape the teasing and name calling. This was also where I met my best friend, Emberleigh Birdsall. We've been besties ever since. I love her.


High School
You know, I think people lie when they say that the high school years are the best years of your life. I mean, yeah I had a good time and all, but I definitely don't think that they were the best years of my life. Especially with everything that I went through during high school. But hey, that's why they call it growing up, right? I started my freshman year at Savanna High School in Anaheim, California in 2006. I was 14. Go Rebels! I was so excited to finally be in high school! I soon would discover that I had a love-hate relationship with it. In December of 2006, during NJROTC Color Guard practice, I was taken into state custody by the Anaheim Police Department due to the fact that my "step-sister" had spread a lie that my now step-dad had asked to have sex with her...or something along those lines. I spent a long time at a children's home called Orangewood with my brother and "step-sister." I got released two days before Christmas and was finally able to go home with my mom! I suffered through this hell for the next 3 years. It got easier once I returned to normality. Until Emberleigh broke the news to me that she was moving to North Carolina. I was so sad! We had been practically inseperable through the past 3 years! We made a promise to each other that we would visit each other. She came to visit me during my sophomore year of high school. It was so much fun!



As sophomore year went on, I made new friends through NJROTC, choir, and just out in the quad during lunch.






I miss all the drill meets for NJROTC! Hell, I miss that class in general. I learned so much and had the best experiences!

The only female on Armed Basic and Armed Exhibition. HOORAH!

Color Guard Commander, American Flag =)

Junior Year, I did it all! I did NJROTC and Water Polo. Figured I'd give sports a try for once. Of course, there was still choir, too. I got a job working at a restaurant called Portillo's. Pretty awesome first job if you ask me. I had awesome friends...I loved life!







Senior year was the best of all the high school years. As it should be! I wasn't in Water Polo anymore, though. Work, AP classes, and Drill teams took up too much time. But I did get accepted into district Honor Choir for the 6th year in a row! What an amazing experience that was. Here it is in picture form!









Yeah. It was good!

College Life and Life After High School
Like I said before, I moved to Arizona when I was 18. I moved in with my aunt in a town called San Tan Valley. I lived there for 9 months before I found and moved into my first apartment. I found where I wanted to live! I also found what I wanted to do with my life. I loved to cook. Why not do it and get paid for it? So I went to Culinary School!




Pretty cool, huh?
Yeah, I think so too =).

And, I also met that special man. The one I want to spend the rest of my life with. His name is Matthew Palumbo. <3




We're just your average American boy and girl <3


...who just happen to be a little B.A. =D


And maybe a little silly.


But at the end of the day, we're so much in love with each other.


And can't wait to spend forever together.

I'm one lucky girl, that's for sure.



That's been my life up to now! Thanks for coming and sharing it with me!
Life is beautiful <3











No comments:

Post a Comment